Several things have happened to me lately that have made me think about age. I was snubbed by a teenage girl who told me I couldn’t possibly understand what goes on in the “real world”. A lad in the pub asked me if I would like his seat, no.. I wasn’t drunk or about to lose the use of my legs. Thirdly I was asked by an elderly gentlemen to assist him walking to the bus stop – which of course I did.
Conclusion is that I am a) no longer down with the cool kids b) must look like I need help c) responsible enough to help others
When and how did I get here? So in order to celebrate my new found age level and the body aches that go along with it…..here is Sam’s list of
Signs we are getting older
- 6:00 a.m . Is when you get up, not when you go to bed.
- You see girls wearing stilettos and force yourself not to advise them about how they are ruining their feet.
- Your friends marry and divorce instead of “hook up” and “break up.”
- You have a party and the neighbours don’t even notice
- You’re the one calling the police because those %&@# kids next door won’t turn down the music.
- Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
- Eating a kebab at 3 am would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.
- You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.
- “I’m never going to drink that much again.” is replaced by “I just can’t drink the way I used to”
- The time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
- You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.
- You turn out the lights for economic rather than romantic reasons.
- There is no longer any difference between your ‘big pants’ and your normal pants
- You leave a bar because the music is too loud
- Coffee is one of the most important things in life.
- Kitchen gadgets become a necessity
- Sometimes when you stand up fast, you feel yourself losing balance.
- New technology baffles you until a kid explains it
- There are times when you just need to sit down
- 11 pm is a late one
- You would rather drink no wine than cheap wine
- You get excited by deliveries of household goods
- You no longer know what is No 1 in the charts
- Every body part hurts and what doesn’t hurt doesn’t work.
- Wine is your new best friend !
Plus of course you made it through the list.